One of the most classic prints that is always in style season after season, year after year is stripes, even in the form of a stripped dress. They come in all different colors and sizes making their way into work wear, think pinstripes, as well as casual garments, uh hello sailor stripped tees, which is why they are the ultimate pattern. Though stripes are always a classic pick for any wardrobe they can be hard to choose and can quickly become boring. Things to keep in mind when choosing stripes:
- Size Matters. Just like with any pattern the size makes a difference. If you’re on the smaller side you want to stick to smaller patterns, thinner stripes, if you have a larger frame stick with larger patterns. If you’re unsure opt for medium sized patterns which are safe no matter your size.
- Position. As with color blocking, it’s important to pay attention to the position of your stripes if they aren’t equally spaced. If you’re trying to conceal your mid-section try to have darker stripes in this area and lighter stripes on your bust/shoulder region.
Since stripes are such a staple people find it hard to re-wear these garments in a unique way, I mean lets face it, Pinterest makes it pretty hard to feel original these days. To keep your stripes from getting too blasé:
- Choose striped garments in unexpected silhouettes
- Add stripes with your accessories
- Pair your stripes with other prints or bold colors
Stripes really are the perfect pattern because they can be paired with essentially anything to give your look that je ne sais quoi vibe. See how else I wore this stripped dress here.
Comment below and tell me: Would you wear a stripped dress?
Make sure you’re following me on: