The blazer has come such a long way. Originally designed for the working man they’ve now transformed into a wardrobe staple for your 9-5 and well beyond. And that can make shopping for a blazer a little complicated. When chosen wisely they work for practically everyone and almost every occasion making it ultimately one of the most versatile garments you can own. They come in a variety unexpected lengths, bold colors and fun patterns that provides more personality to your work wear as well as the weekend. Even better is thanks to the multitudes of creative style blogs there are literally hundreds of different ways to style them! Continue scrolling to see how else I’ve rocked blazers and tips on how to choose a blazer that works for you!
Shopping for the perfect blazer:
- Shoulder Placement. Make sure that the shoulders of the blazer align perfectly or as close as possible to your own to keep from looking as though you’ve chosen the wrong size, unless you’re going for the oversized vibe.
- Sleeve Length. Just as with your shoulders you want to make sure that your sleeves don’t extend past the bottom of your palms, this is important even if you’re going for the oversized effect because it can tend to look sloppy.
- Hem Length. Choosing the right length depends on the look you’re going for. Cropped blazers help to highlight a small waist while longer blazers will help to conceal wide hips.
FIT is key. Just like with everything you bring into your closet, you should be very subjective of how it fits which goes beyond whether or not it makes you look good. You should be able to move comfortably through all the activities you plan to wear your new blazer too and it should make you feel even more beautiful than you already are!
Splurge VS. Save:
- Splurge on blazers in classic colors with quality tailoring that fits your body. A blazer that you can style by itself, as a layering piece, and that will work year round is a worthy investment piece.
- Save on blazers in trendy silhouettes, think asymmetric and longline, and colors. Though it’s an easy way to spice up your outfit they may not fare well next season.
Regardless of if you work at a conservative office or just heading out for a night on the town a blazer is definitely a great way to polish off your look! Make sure you share this with someone you know looking for some blazer inspiration!
Shop my Blazer Picks:
Comment below and tell me: How do you like to rock your blazer?
Don't Miss a Look! Get Every Outfit Delivered Straight to your Inbox by Clicking the Button Below!