Tell why I’m just now realizing that even though my most popular video on YouTube is my jeans collection I rarely ever share my denim outfits here on the blog? As a pear shaped shawty my relationship with jeans used to be complicated. They’ve always been a staple in my wardrobe, but truthfuly most pairs I used to own never fit quite right. Back in the day I’d usually have to buy a size up so I could get my thighs in but as you’ve probably experienced that meant I always had a huge gap at the waist. I used to wear a belt all the time which wouldn’t have been the end of the world if it wasn’t for the fact that long fitted tops were all the rage at the time. Needless to say it wasn’t a look, even if you were skinny. I know you relate to the struggle of trying to find jeans that not only fit but are also comfortable. With hips and thighs 100% cotton is rarely the move, there needs to be some stretch. Because of that it’s hard to find jeans that don’t end up fitting like skinny jeans. After years of hunting around I’ve finally found a few pairs of mom jeans for my pear shaped body which honestly was no easy task. Luckily for you I’ve rounded up tons of flattering mom jeans from different brands that always have jeans that fit just right, plus a few of my tips for always scoring the right jeans even when online shopping and links at the end with different ways I’ve styled my mom jeans so you’ll have tons of outfit inspo.
Mom Jeans for Pear Shaped Women
Tips for shopping for Mom Jeans
If you have curvaceous hips and thighs do not think that you can’t rock a pair of straight leg jeans! There are a few key things to be on the lookout for when you’re shopping for denim that will help you find a flattering style for you. Here’s what to keep in mind when buying mom jeans as a pear shaped women:
- Look at the rise of the jeans. I prefer my jeans with a high waist, a 9 inch rise or higher, and and cropped hemline
- Find denims with some stretch. If I want stiffer jeans I look for a pair that is mostly cotton, I’m talking 95% and higher, but be warned they aren’t as comfortable as those with some elastane and polyster which helps jeans to hug your thighs, and your butt!
- Don’t be afraid to get your jeans tailored. One secret a lot if celebs and influencers swear by is actually taking clothes to a local tailor to ensure the perfect fit. Some stores offer tailoring in store but a for an additional $10-$15 it’s worth it to have your jeans fit just right.
Looking for even more ways to style your mom jeans?
- Here’s how to style your mom jeans with an oversized blazer.
- Check out this casual shacket outfit idea.
- Read my post on pairing your denim with a cropped jacket.
Don't Miss a Look! Get Every Outfit Delivered Straight to your Inbox by Clicking the Button Below!