I said it 3 years ago and I’ll say it again, matching sets are an essential wardrobe staple in my opinion. Now I’m not saying you need to run out to buy a set if you don’t already have one, it’s not that deep. But if there’s one sitting in your closet already then today’s post is for you! I’ve always encouraged you to get the most wear out of the clothes you own, which as it turns out is one of the most sustainable things you can do for free, so I’m sharing a few different ways to spice up your matching set outfit. With a few simple tweaks to your set these looks are guaranteed to turn heads!
How to Switch Up Your Matching Set Outfit for Free
You’ve probably already worn your matching set as is and depending on the top you’ve also tucked it in and tied a front knot am I right? If you liked how those looked then here are a few more ways to re-mix your matching set:
- Create a sleek crop top. Leave one or two buttons in the front then take the ends, pull them behind your back, rubber band them together and tuck them into your bra.
- Do a unique front tuck. I made this effect by putting two button holes on one button. This cinched up the front and left one side of the top shorter. From there you can simply tuck it for a cooler take.
- Make an off the shoulder top. To do this unbutton your top so there’s enough room for you to pull your arm through at the collar. Take the empty sleeve and wrap it around the front of you then tuck in inside you bra. Next tuck your collar under. Then it’s up to you if you want to leave the top out, tuck it in or tie it into a crop top like I did.
Pin this outfit as a reminder to try something new this summer. If you’re looking for even more ways to take your style to the next level:
- Got a matching skirt set, here’s an outfit idea for you.
- See another matching set look.
- Find even more ways to style what you already own.
Shop my Matching Pant Set Picks
Don't Miss a Look! Get Every Outfit Delivered Straight to your Inbox by Clicking the Button Below!