As I approach my 25th birthday this Friday, I’ve started to really evaluate my life. Although isn’t this something we do no matter what age we turn? During these times of self reflection many questions pop into our heads, but the one that rings the loudest in mine is “What makes you happy?”. With 25 years worth of life experience under my belt I could probably tell you more quickly what I don’t like rather than what I do, which makes me sad. So to really celebrate my 25th year on this earth I am going to put an emphasis on focusing on the good, no matter how small.
Some recent goodness was attending a wine tasting at the House of Pure Vin in Detroit this past weekend with my favorite blogger buddies. This fabulous event was sponsored by the Michigan Retailer’s Association in support of its “I Buy Nearby” campaign. The owner, Regina Gaines, has partnered with Claudia Tyagi who is a Detroiter and 1 of only 3 Grand Sommeliers in the state of Michigan. And if you didn’t know, that actually a pretty big deal as there are only 23 female Grand Sommeliers in the US! Thanks to her exceptional palette and knowledgeable team my blogger pals and I were able to learn how to properly taste wine and I even found a red wine that I liked. If you’re in Detroit or ever visit the area, please make this a stop on your trip! Some other awesome Detroit gems you should make time for are:
- Wright and Co. for some great small plates and cocktails
- Detroit is the New Black for some Detroit fashion
- Bob’s Classic Kicks for cool sneakers
- Bon Bon Bon for delicious chocolates only found in Detroit
- Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company for the best lavender latte
I’ve had nothing but great experiences at these places and I know if you go, you will too! Another bit of goodness is I recently started a new job, still in engineering, and with it being such a hike from my current place I am also moving into a dreamy loft on my birthday. So I apologize for the lack of consistent posting this month as planning all of that has been very hectic. I really appreciate your patience and understanding. Lastly if you’re loving this cream jumpsuit check out how you can layer a jumpsuit for fall!
Want a chance to win a $500 gift card? Who am I kidding, of course you do! To enter for your chance to win all you have to do is:
- On October 1st or 2nd choose a photo of you buying from your favorite local spot to post on one of the following social media channels: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
- Use the #ibuynearby hashtag in your caption
- Tag the “I Buy Nearby” social media channel: Instagram @mibuynearby, Twitter @buynearbymi, Facebook page
- Post your awesome picture!
This post is in collaboration with the Michigan Retailer’s Association’s “I Buy Nearby” campaign and contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small monetary incentive that is of no charge to you but I promise all thoughts are my own.
See what else is going on with Lil Miss JB Style on: