Let’s face it, we all struggle with how to pick a swimsuit that not only looks flattering but feels flattering too. I, like everyone else, struggle with self confidence issues. For some the struggle is realer than others, but no matter who you are or what you look like we all get a little anxious when swimsuit season comes around. But no worries, I’m here to help you!
Shopping for a swimsuit doesn’t have to be a blow to your ego, or your wallet. If you keep the following in mind, finding the perfect suit will be a breeze:
- Decide what styles you feel comfortable in. I cannot stress the importance of this enough. Often times we fall victim to what’s “in” or looks good on someone else but secretly makes us feel like Free Willy. Be honest with yourself about what makes you feel amazing, especially when it comes to swimwear.
- Find the right cut and size. There have been so many times where even celebrities have worn a swimsuit in a cut or size that just wasn’t right. Think of your swimsuit like lingerie. If you need more support for the girls make sure you get that. Just like if the back of your high waist bottoms pucker they might be the wrong size.
- Choose a color or pattern that compliments your skin tone. To instantly brighten up your complexion and slim your figure find a swimsuit in a color that works well with your skin. Personally I love rust colors and olive greens.
- Be sure your suit is functional. So many times when following the trends we often buy pieces that really serve no purpose. If you plan to go snorkeling make sure your swim suit can handle that type of activity. You don’t want to accidentally flash a fish, or worse your family.
- If all else fails find a great cover up. If you’ve found a swimsuit that you love and loves your body back but still feel a little self conscience find a killer cover up to wear.
At the end of the day it’s always about finding a piece that makes you look and feel incredible. This is your ultimate goal whether you’re shopping for a swimsuit or new pair of jeans.
If you found this post useful please be sure to share it on your fave social media channel and if you want more help picking clothes to wear on your next trip check out my post on how to shop for a vacation.
Now I want to hear from you, what do you struggle with most when having to pick a swimsuit?
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small monetary incentive that is of no charge to you.
See My Swimsuit Picks Below:
See what else is going on with Lil Miss JB Style on: