Who doesn’t love a good vacation? Packing a bag, exploring a new country, forgetting all the world’s problems exist, even if only for a few hours. Though the idea of a vacation is to be stress free, sadly that isn’t always the case. Most people find the hardest thing about packing their bags is figuring out how to dress for vacation. Whether you’re headed somewhere tropical like Mexico or to the mountain sides of Ireland deciding what to wear can be overwhelming, but doesn’t have to be. If you’re struggling with how to dress for vacation then you need to keep these tips in mind:
- Figure out the what the weather will be like. Don’t get caught in the rainy season of Mexico unprepared. Take the time to see what kind of weather you can expect on your trip.
- Decide what you’ll be doing during your vacation. If you’re going snorkeling with whale sharks, and in case you’re wondering yes I did snorkel with whale sharks, make sure you choose your swim suit accordingly. Though it’s nice to be a little spontaneous you want to also be prepared.
- Choose a theme. Picking a vibe that suits your style for your vacation will help to set a color scheme, potential uniform and make creating outfits on the fly a breeze.
- Shop your closet first. So many people get excited about their vacation and rush to the store to buy something that they probably will only wear once. Start creating looks for your trip using what you already own then fill any gaps as needed.
- Keep it simple. Unless you’re headed to New York or France for fashion week there’s not need to bring too many extravagant pieces. Choose garments that are easy to mix and match so you can make an impromptu outfit if need be.
Think of packing for a vacation as creating a capsule wardrobe: pick a few basics, add a couple key pieces and finish with a statement piece or two. There’s no need to pack your entire closet if you plan and pick clothes that have versatility. Struggling with what to buy for your vacation, check out my stylist Q&A on how to shop for a vacation.
Now I want to hear from you: Do you struggle with how to dress for vacation, if so why?
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small monetary incentive that is of no charge to you.
See what else is going on with Lil Miss JB Style on: