To me a good wardrobe is made up of both basics and statement pieces. Quality basics can lay the base of your outfit yet it’s statement pieces that usually make people turn their heads. If you’re someone who’s more comfortable in basics but still wants an outfit that packs a punch there’s still a way to make your outfits unique and that’s by incorporating elevated basics. What is an elevated basic? It’s your basic piece but with a twist, like this cutout bodysuit. When chosen with care these pieces modernize your look while still being timeless enough to wear year after year. The best part is that styling your elevated basics will feel natural to you because they’re essentially the same as your go-to pieces! Keep scrolling for tips on how to pick the right bodysuit for you.
Picking Out the Best Cutout Bodysuit Style for You
Bodysuits are already a little difficult to shop for. You want proper coverage, support, and to avoid pantylines if possible. That’s just for your basic run of the mill bodysuit. When looking for a bodysuit with cutouts it can get even trickier! Here’s my tips on choosing a cutout style that will be both flattering and timeless:
- Know your comfort level. Your comfort level is basically what you feel most confident wearing. A lot of personal style is about comfort. If you’re not comfortable in a piece, you won’t wear it. So think about bodysuits you own, or ones you avoid, and why. This will help you determine what to look for. If you’re self concious about your stomach look for shoulder or upper boob cutouts. If you’re wanting to show off your frame side cutouts are for you.
- Pay attention to the material. I always say this but that’s because it’s important! For summer you want breathable fabrics but if you’re looking for a bodysuit for winter you’ll need thicker material.
- Pick classic colors. To keep your bodysuit truly timeless reach for colors that won’t go out of style. Don’t just limit yourself to neutrals, although that’s never a bad choice, think greens, blues, yellows and oranges!
At the end of the day it’s all about choosing pieces that make you feel great in your body and showcase your style!
Be sure to Pin this outfit so you can refer back to it on those days you don’t know what to wear. If you’re looking for even more ways to take your style to the next level:
- Check out how to style another timeless elevated basic, the asymmetric tank top.
- See how to style a wrap crop top which is another classic basic with a twist, literally!
- Find even more ways to style what you already own.
My Cutout Bodysuit Picks
I wanna know, what’s your fave spring outfit combo? Tell me in the comments below!
Don't Miss a Look! Get Every Outfit Delivered Straight to your Inbox by Clicking the Button Below!