As you guys can probably tell by now, I am a big advocate of the jumpsuit, don’t believe me check just out my culotte jumpsuit, my sleeveless jumpsuit, and this snazzy grey jumpsuit. Jumpsuits are quickly replacing the pant suit and standard shift dress in the office, and for good reason. If you aren’t a dress gal, you can wear a patterned jumpsuit as a chic yet professional alternative and will easily transition from work to weekend to night out with a few slight adjustments to you accessories. Here’s how you can take style your jumpsuit from 9-5 and beyond:
- Work: Depending on the cut and sleeve length of your jumpsuit you may not have to do much adjusting. If you don’t have sleeves or have a lower neckline opt for a tank top underneath your jumpsuit and layer with a smart blazer that hits appropriately on your body. Finish off your look with a some simple studs, a watch and either chic flats or kitten heels.
- Weekend: Pair your jumpsuit with some comfy loafers or slip on sandals and kimono for a fun boho vibe or opt for chic sandals and a neutral yet interesting bag and complimenting sandals for an updated yet relaxed look.
- Night Out: If you have a lower neckline pick out a necklace that brings attention to your decolletage or some statement earrings to draw focus on your beautiful face. For those of you who are like me and are planning to do a lot of dancing, comfortable shoes are a must!
A lot of people who are not hourglass or rectangular shaped tend to veer away from jumpsuits but I say DON’T. As a pear shape I understand the struggle of having either the top half be a size, or seven, too big or the bottom half waaaaay too tight for comfort. I wholeheartedly advise investing in a tailor, they are truly a life saver when it comes to any style of one piece. Don’t let naysayers tell you that you can’t rock something, remember clothes are made for your body, not the other way around. So if that means getting a size up in a jumpsuit so the bottom half fits and getting the top half taken in so be it, trust me you’ll thank yourself for it. Make sure you check out how else I’ve styled jumpsuits.
Comment below and tell me: Do you struggle to wear a patterned jumpsuit, why or why not?
Shop the Look
*Photos by Judy Reed (a.k.a. my Grandma).
Links a la Mode Weekly Roundup: June 25, 2015
- Affordorable: The Process of Savvy Shopping Under RM100 ($30USD)
- A Handful of Stories: Best Restaurants in Barcelona
- Amethyst Honey: The Zodiac Dresser, Designer Edition: Gemini by Commes des Garcons
- Bookish & Belle: My Perfume Collection (Stop-Motion Video)
- Everyday Starlet: Best & Worst Liquid Lip Colors
- Fashion Blender: Tips and Tricks: Hand Washing Wool for Winter
- Fleur d’Elise: Mini Shirt Dress & Thrifting Tips
- Greige Market: The Essentials | Getting Selfish
- Les Assorties: A Brief Insight of the Jewelry Industry: An Interview with Gem-A-Porter
- Lil Miss JB Style: How to Style a Jumpsuit from Day to Night
- Live Extraordinary: Real Beauty
- Ms. Fabulous: Independent Handbag Designer Awards 2015
- Purushu Arie: Illustrations – Best of Couture SS2015 Shows
- Riva La Diva: DIY Kate Spade Inspired Heart Tote
- Runaway in LA: Summer Blues – When Greece Meets California
- Saltwater Sparkle: 5 Things Living in the South has Taught me about Fashion & Life
- Sassy Plus: A Short Girl’s Guide to Styling Maxi Dresses
- Storybook Apothecary: Ethical Summer Fashion
- That Paki Blog: 5 Fashion Books to Read this Summer
- What Pixies Wear: Sustainable Denim: A Shopping Guide